Tuesday, November 16, 2010

LE: Van Gogh's Sunflowers







It was so difficult narrowing down the beautiful sunflower drawings that LE did so I'm showing twice as many as I usually do! These were based off of Van Gogh's sunflower paintings and actual sunflowers in a vase that I set up for the students to look at. We talked a lot about texture, paint strokes, and how Van Gogh layered his colors to achieve his signature thickness. We drew together as a class, but I love how each student produced very different drawings. I required students to draw large, overlap some of their shapes (I remember I got big kudos from my art teacher when I overlapped these balloons I had painted-she freaked out), create texture on their flowers, and color their whole paper. I love it when some of the "canvas" peeks out.

No comments:

Post a Comment